Since 1989, FACET’s Mission, Vision, Values, and Goals have attracted over 700 members, creating a community of faculty across campus and discipline. FACET campuses include all Indiana University campuses and Purdue Fort Wayne. FACET welcomes new members each year via a process of nomination, application, and selection. Administration of our selection process has changed as Fall 2023, in the current process, nominations take place online or by email to email@example.com. FACET will arrange virtual workshops each semester to help nominees and applicants prepare their applications. The website will remain a valuable resource for application preparation.
FACET seeks to identify faculty who have:
- A record of and continuing pursuit of excellence in teaching, support of student learning, and helping colleagues to excel in teaching.
- A commitment to their own continuing growth through reflection.
- A willingness to advocate for the importance of teaching and learning — locally, regionally, and/or nationally.
- Advanced the craft of teaching through efforts in the scholarship of teaching and learning.
- Demonstrated a willingness to continue involvement in teaching activities, specifically FACET activities.