The FACET Leadership Institute (LI) kicks off a 12-18 month theme-based project on each campus. FACET Campus Associate Directors and the VCAA (VPUE at IU Bloomington) from each campus pull together a team of four to six full-time faculty members with at least half being FACET members. These teams can be and usually are from a variety of disciplines.
In consultation with the VCAA, teams identify and implement a project to enhance the university learning environment along a theme specified by the Leadership Institute Planning Committee.
The 2023-2025 institute theme is Leveraging Generative AI for Student Success and Opportunity in Higher Education
- 2021-2023 institute theme: Social Justice in Higher Education.
- 2018 institute theme: Multiple Inequalities in Higher Education: How do we meet our students’ needs if we fail to understand the problems and students lack universal access to resources?
- 2016 institute theme: How can colleges refocus to train successful and productive citizens? Exploring new directions with an emphasis on the challenges in our diverse campus models and the incoming Generation Z
- 2014 institute theme: Student Learning and Graduation Success
- 2012 institute theme was dedicated to high impact practices in the undergraduate curriculum