FACET's Annual Innovate Awards
The FACET Innovate Awards serve two important purposes that promote FACET’s mission. The awards recognize faculty who bring passion, innovation, and creativity to the classroom to promote student success. It also helps FACET share and disseminate best practices in teaching for the benefit of the entire IU community. Stay tuned for information on the 2022 Innovate Awards!
The 2021 winners were announced at the Innovate Award Ceremony during the Annual Retreat on June 8, 2022. The categories included:
- Collaborative activities: Do you or your colleague(s) have an effective collaborative classroom activity? What does this activity look like, and how does it promote peer-to-peer engagement in addition to student learning?
- Community engagement: Do you or your colleague(s) have an effective community engagement activity? What does this activity look like, and how does it promote community engagement in addition to student learning?
- Creative uses of online tools: Do you or your colleague(s) have a particularly effective method or activity that uses online tools (applications, programs, or Canvas tools) to promote student learning? What does this activity look like, how does it work, and how does it impact student learning?
- Skills across the curriculum: any activity that empowers students by teaching them how to learn skills across the curriculum, such as reading, writing, speaking, critical thinking or others.
- DEIJ-informed pedagogy: any activity that centers DEIJ-informed pedagogy, for example, effective revisions of course learning outcomes to center equal access to learning, especially through culturally and socially meaningful course work, assessments that increase sense of belonging, based on micro-affirmations, or re-thinking of course activities or resources that promote or increase understanding of diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice.