FACET members are among the best teachers at FACET-eligible campuses (all IU campuses and Purdue Fort Wayne).
- Teaching must be a primary responsibility for the faculty member, typically with a minimum of one course taught per semester.
- Full-time tenure-track and tenured faculty, full-time non-tenure-track lecturers, teaching professors, professors of practice, faculty with full-time clinical teaching assignments (e.g., medicine, nursing, law, optometry), and librarians with significant teaching responsibilities are eligible for nomination.
- Faculty have completed 5 years of teaching at a FACET-eligible campus. In exceptional cases, to recognize that some faculty have accrued years of experience at other universities, nominations can be made for faculty who have completed 3 years of full-time teaching at a FACET-eligible campus by June 1st of the year in which they are nominated. Years as a visiting professor or lecturer count toward requirements as long as the candidate is currently in a full-time position (non-visiting).
- Nominees should be able to document and demonstrate their approach to teaching and their impact on learning in and beyond the classroom. They may have won Distinguished Teaching Awards, but nominations are neither restricted to that group of faculty, nor is there a fixed quota for any discipline, rank, or campus.
- As of Spring 2022, faculty may self nominate or be nominated by any full-time faculty member or administrator who is familiar with the work of the candidate as a teacher using the form below or by a brief letter, phone call, or e-mail to the FACET Associate Director who initiate the process. We ask all nominees to complete the FACET Readiness Assessment form. Please contact your campus associate director for more information--campus nomination deadlines are here.
- A nomination is valid for two academic years for initial submission of a dossier.
- A letter from the Statewide Selection Committee inviting resubmission serves as a nomination and is valid for the following two academic years.
- In the event that a candidate receives a letter from the Statewide Selection Committee advising that they are not ready for FACET induction, the candidate may self-nominate if ready two years after the date of the letter.
To request an exception, please review the Exception Request Procedure.