FACET members are among the best teachers at FACET-eligible campuses (all IU campuses and Purdue Fort Wayne).
- Teaching must be a primary responsibility for the faculty member, typically with a minimum of one course taught per semester.
- Must be in good standing (not under review or improvement plan). Your campus associate director will confirm good standing with your EVCAA or VPFAA shortly after your campus' nomination deadline.
- Full-time tenure-track and tenured faculty, full-time non-tenure-track lecturers, teaching professors, professors of practice, faculty with full-time clinical teaching assignments (e.g., medicine, nursing, law, optometry), and librarians with significant teaching responsibilities are eligible for nomination.
- Faculty have completed 5 years of teaching at a FACET-eligible campus. In exceptional cases, to recognize that some faculty have accrued years of experience at other universities, nominations can be made for faculty who have completed 3 years of full-time teaching at a FACET-eligible campus by June 1st of the year in which they are nominated. Years as a visiting professor or lecturer count toward requirements as long as the candidate is currently in a full-time position (non-visiting).
- Nominees should be able to document and demonstrate their approach to teaching and their impact on learning in and beyond the classroom. They may have won Distinguished Teaching Awards, but nominations are neither restricted to that group of faculty, nor is there a fixed quota for any discipline, rank, or campus.
Please complete the following form to assess your readiness to apply for FACET membership. Results are confidential unless you choose to share them with your campus associate director to learn more about the application process.