Fourteen faculty members from IU campuses across the state were selected to the FACET Class of 2019. The new members join a group of over 600 IU faculty members chosen since FACET’s inception in 1989.
FACET awards membership to IU faculty members who have demonstrated their exceptional commitment to teaching and learning through areas of self-evaluation, course preparation, research, instructional skills, and student impact.
On May 15 - 17 at FACET’s 31st Annual Retreat, FACET members and retreat guests, including University administrators and IU faculty from all IU campuses, will come together to honor the fourteen new members.
The 2019 FACET honorees are:
- Jon Bingham, School of Business, Indiana University Southeast
- Gregory Dam, Psychology, Indiana University East
- Yuanying (Michelle) Guan, Mathematics and Actuarial Science, Indiana University Northwest
- Virginia Hojas Carbonell, Department of Spanish and Portuguese, Indiana University Bloomington
- Dawn Kutza, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University Bloomington
- Gina Londino-Smolar, Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis
- Eevett Loshek. Psychology, Indiana University East
- Julie Mendez, Division of Mechanical Engineering, Indiana University Purdue University Columbus
- Tammi Nelson, School of Social Work, Indiana University Bloomington
- Sridhar Ramachandran, Informatics, Indiana University Southeast
- Kristoffer Rees, Criminal Justice and Political Science, Indiana University East
- Lee Roberts, International Languages & Culture Studies, FACET Fort Wayne
- Amy Wonder, School of Nursing, Indiana University Bloomington
- Haiyan Yin, Judd Leighton School of Business & Economics, Indiana University South Bend
FACET, an IU Presidential initiative, is designed both to recognize and enhance outstanding teaching throughout Indiana University and to promote continued development of teaching excellence among colleagues at IU and beyond. In recent years, FACET’s efforts have expanded both at the campus level and statewide. FACET activities planned for 2019 include the collaborative efforts to continue building teaching.iu.edu, the Facet Associate Faculty and Lecturer Conference (FALCON), joint programming with campus centers for teaching and learning, and support of IU’s peer review initiative, and the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning particularly through the work of the Mack Center for Inquiry on teaching and Learning. FACET also recently launched ‘FACET Great Conversations’ as podcasts on Apple ITunes Podcasts, Spotify, SoundCloud, and Stitcher.
Join us for FACET’s 31st Annual Retreat May 15-17 at Pokagon State Park. The theme is “Role Reversal: Driving Engagement while Avoiding Chaos.”