Seventeen faculty members from IU campuses across the state were selected to the FACET Class of 2021. The new members join a group of over 700 IU faculty members chosen since FACET’s inception in 1989.
FACET awards membership to IU faculty members who have demonstrated their exceptional commitment to teaching and learning through areas of self-evaluation, course preparation, research, instructional skills, and student impact.
On October 22, 2021 at FACET’s Annual Retreat, FACET members and retreat guests, including University administrators and IU faculty from all IU campuses, will come together to honor the seventeen new members.
The 2021 FACET honorees are:
- Kristopher "Allen" Davis, Spanish and Portuguese, IU Bloomington
- Elisa Räsänen,Central Eurasian Studies, IU Bloomington
- Dawn Wisher, Business Communication, IU Bloomington
- Tatiana Kolovou, Business Communication, IU Bloomington
- Shari Fowler, Business and Economics, IU East
- Oi Lin Cheung, Business and Economics, IU East
- Jeong IL Cho, Education, FACET Fort Wayne
- Steven Cody, Art and Design, FACET Fort Wayne
- Lynn Jettpace, English, IUPUI
- Carrie Sickmann, English, IUPUI
- Susan Glassburn, Social Work, IUPUI
- Shamima Mithun, Computer and Information Technology, IUPUI
- Jason Organ, Anatomy, Cell Biology & Physiology, IUPUI
- Gloria Preece, Business, IU Kokomo
- Niki Weller, Sociology, IU Kokomo
- Mohammad Merhi, Decision Sciences, IU South Bend
- Jennifer Deranek, Health Sciences, IU South Bend
FACET, an IU Presidential initiative, is designed both to recognize and enhance outstanding teaching throughout Indiana University and to promote continued development of teaching excellence among colleagues at IU and beyond.
Join us for FACET’s 2021 Annual Retreat October 22-23 at Crowne Plaza Union Station in downtown Indianapolis, Indiana. More details regarding theme, schedule, and registration will be announced soon.