Fourteen faculty members from IU campuses across the state were selected to the FACET Class of 2020. The new members join a group of over 700 IU faculty members chosen since FACET’s inception in 1989.
FACET awards membership to IU faculty members who have demonstrated their exceptional commitment to teaching and learning through areas of self-evaluation, course preparation, research, instructional skills, and student impact.
On September 11-13 at FACET’s 32nd Annual Retreat, FACET members and retreat guests, including University administrators and IU faculty from all IU campuses, will come together to honor the fourteen new members.
The 2020 FACET honorees are:
- J Duncan, Informatics, IU Bloomington
- Miranda Yaggi Rodak, English, IU Bloomington
- LaDonna Dulemba, School of Nursing and Health Sciences, IU East
- Scott Lee, Criminal Justice & Political Science, IU East
- Deborah Miller, Psychology, IU East
- Joshua Tolbert, School of Education, IU East
- Tyrone Freeman, Philanthropic Studies, IUPUI
- Lamia Scherzinger, Kinesiology, IUPUI
- Stephanie Medley, Sociology, IU Kokomo
- Adam Smith, School of Business, IU Kokomo
- Maureen Rutherford, Psychology, IU Northwest
- Kristin Quimby, Health Sciences and Dental Education, IU South Bend
- Adam Maksl, Journalism & Media, IU Southeast
- Barbara Kutis, Fine Arts, IU Southeast
This class also includes the first Affiliate Member, Terri Tarr, Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning at IUPUI.
FACET, an IU Presidential initiative, is designed both to recognize and enhance outstanding teaching throughout Indiana University and to promote continued development of teaching excellence among colleagues at IU and beyond.
Join us for FACET’s 32nd Annual Retreat September 11-13 at Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel in Jeffersonville, Indiana. The theme is “Creativity and Experience: Enriching Teaching and Learning.”