September 11-13, 2020
Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel
Creativity and Experience: Enriching Teaching and Learning
In academia, many of us think of creativity as something that applies only to the arts. However, as teachers we actively participate in the creative process whenever we develop curricula, step into a classroom, or even engage with students online. In fashioning experiences using our own inventiveness, we help guide students to become creative and reflective thinkers. At the same time that we foster intellectual growth, we also enrich their lives, both now and in the future.
In designing, running, and evaluating the experiences we fashion for our students, we utilize a variety of creative practices and habits of mind.
For this FACET retreat, we are currently soliciting proposals in two categories that address creativity in teaching and learning:
- Five minute quick hits on creative strategies
- Posters on creativity in teaching
In order to prepare for the retreat, the planning committee invites you to click on the following link to discover your own creative personality: mycreativetype.com.
Retreat Planning Committee
- Linda Wright-Bower, FACET Fort Wayne
- Anne Allen, IU Southeast
- Tammi Nelson, IU Bloomington
- Kristoffer Rees, IU East
- Dina Mansour-Cole, FACET Fort Wayne
- Gina Londino-Smolar, IUPUI
- Christina Downey, IU Kokomo
- Tin-Chun Lin, IU Northwest
- Lisa Zwicker, IU South Bend