FACET is pleased to announce the finalists for the fourth annual Innovate Awards.
Thank you to everyone who submitted a nomination. The Retreat Planning Committee was pleased to see the excellent work happening on all IU campuses. After a great deal of discussion and deliberation, the committee came to consensus on this year's finalists.
Finalists for Collaborative Activities
- James Mendez, IUPUC, Chemistry and Chaos: A Role-Playing Game for Learning Chemistry
- Julie Goodspeed-Chadwick, IUPUC, Concept Maps as a Collaborative Learning Activity
- Kevin McElmurry, IUN, The Island Exercise
Finalists for Community Engagement
- Jonathan Raceck, IUB, Prototyping Across Continents: Designing local solutions for Rural Rwanda
- Kimberly McInerney, IUSB, The Real World South Bend: Bridging the Gap Between the Classroom and the Field
- Mohammad Merhi, IUSB, Creating Database System For Local Businesses
Finalists for Creative Uses of Online Tools
- Ke Anne Zhang, IUB, Piazza Posts
- Amanda Carmack, IUE, Virtual Reality Simulations and Developing Empathy and Compassion in the Undergraduate Nursing Student
- Oi Lin Cheung, IUE,“Automated” Hypothetical Case Study in Foundation Finance Course
Finalists for Skills Across the Curriculum
- Cal Simpson, IUE, Sales Call Simulation
- Linda Wright-Bower, IUPFW, A Strategy to Promote Reading and Discussion
- Jamie Buffington-Adams, IUE, From Beading to Reading
The finalists will now prepare a multi-media description of their activity. Once the descriptions are posted, FACET members and retreat registrants will vote for their favorite activity. Winners will be announced at FACET's Annual Retreat taking place September 11-13, 2020, at the Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel in Jeffersonville, Indiana.