Nine faculty members from IU campuses across the state were selected to the FACET Class of 2023. The new members join a group of over 700 IU faculty members chosen since FACET’s inception in 1989.
FACET awards membership to IU faculty members who have demonstrated their excellence in teaching and learning through areas of self-evaluation, course preparation, research, instructional skills, service in support of teaching and learning, and student impact.
On May 31, 2023 at FACET’s Annual Retreat, FACET members and retreat guests, including University administrators and IU faculty from all IU campuses, came together to honor the nine new members.
The 2023 FACET honorees are:
- Jared Allsop, Bloomington, Health & Wellness Design
- Brenda Bailey-Hughes, Bloomington, Business
- Alexandre Barsi Lopes, Bloomington, Business
- Laura Gurzynski-Weiss, Bloomington, Spanish & Portuguese
- Shelly Burns, East, Nursing
- Rebecca Essig, Fort Wayne, Civil & Mechanical Engineering
- Meganne Masko, Indianapolis, Music and Arts Technology
- Andrew Swain, South Bend, Business and Economics
- Sumreen Asim, Southeast, Elementary Science and Technology
Check out the 2023 Annual Retreat page to view presentation slides, photos, and more. The next retreat will be held at the Fourwinds Lakeside Inn and Marina.