Twenty-one faculty members from IU campuses across the state were selected to the FACET Class of 2022. The new members join a group of over 700 IU faculty members chosen since FACET’s inception in 1989.
FACET awards membership to IU faculty members who have demonstrated their excellence in teaching and learning through areas of self-evaluation, course preparation, research, instructional skills, service in support of teaching and learning, and student impact.
On June 8, 2022 at FACET’s Annual Retreat, FACET members and retreat guests, including University administrators and IU faculty from all IU campuses, will come together to honor the twenty-one new members.
The 2022 FACET honorees are:
- Susan Batchelder, Business, IU Bloomington
- Galen Clavio, Media, IU Bloomington
- Janet Decker, Educational Leadership and Policy Studies, IU Bloomington
- Jeanette Heidewald, Business, IU Bloomington
- Polly Husmann, Medical Sciences, IU Bloomington
- Amanda Carmack, Nursing and Health Sciences, IU East
- Carrie Mier, Criminal Justice and Political Science, IU East
- Demetra Andrews, Marketing, IUPUI
- Emily Beckman, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, IUPUI
- Kathryn Berlin, Health Sciences, IUPUI
- Hannah Haas, English, IUPUI
- Matthew Holley, Clinical Family Medicine, IUPUI
- Sarah Johnson, Health Policy and Management, IUPUI
- Katherine McCarthy, Social Work, IUPUI
- Mike Polites, Communication Studies, IUPUI
- Tara Kingsley, Education, IU Kokomo
- Melinda Stanley, Healthcare Management, IU Kokomo
- Harold Olivey, Biology, IU Northwest
- Kimberly McInerney, Communication Studies, IU South Bend
- Barbara White, Nursing, IU South Bend
- Suparna Mukhopadhyay, Biology, IU Southeast
FACET, an IU Presidential initiative, is designed both to recognize and enhance outstanding teaching throughout Indiana University and to promote continued development of teaching excellence among colleagues at IU and beyond.
Join us for FACET’s 2022 Annual Retreat June 8-10 at the Sheraton Riverside in Jeffersonville, Indiana. Further details regarding schedule, lodging, and registration can be viewed on the retreat webpage.