In a time of digital connections, FACET has created a space for members to connect, share, and collaborate. Microsoft Teams is a new program offered through Indiana University and boasts many features that will enhance the FACET member experience. Some of the potential benefits include:
- Threaded discussions that are easier to track than email; useful for sharing and commenting on resources from others without having to clog up email.
- Organized discussions around threads but also around channels, which further allows for organized collaboration.
- Integration with OneDrive, which is especially useful for those who migrated their Box files to the Microsoft ecosystem.
- Teams can reduce email because it allows for quick text and video based discussions that can help get quick, informal answers to questions/comments without the formality of an email.
- Soon (likely in the spring), there will be a Canvas integration for Teams, which will allow faculty to create teams for their classes to encourage more collaboration with and among students.
If you are interested in joining the FACET Microsoft Team, please complete the online form or click the Join the Team link at the bottom of the page.
For more information about Microsoft teams, check out this Knowledge Base resource.