FACET is pleased to announce the finalists for the third annual Innovate Awards.
Thank you to everyone who submitted a nomination. The Retreat Planning Committee met on February 25 and was pleased to see the excellent work happening on all IU campuses. After a great deal of discussion and deliberation, the committee came to consensus on this year's finalists.
Finalists for Collaborative Activities
- Chera LaForge, IUE, Podcasting and the Public Voice
- Eric Robinson, IUB, Cities on the Edge of War Game
- Marc Wolf, IUE, Archaeological Research Center
Finalists for Community Engagement
- Brenda Bailey-Hughes, IUB, Global Intelligence; A Burmese American Community Institute and Hutton Honors College Collaborations
- Lesa Huber, IUB, Community/University Partnerships that Build Dementia Friendly Communities
- Jacquelyn Singleton, IUS, Reading Clinic
Finalists for Creative Uses of Online Tools
- Dawn Kutza, IUB, Team-Based Peer-Evaluation & Self-Reflection
- Gary Pinkston, IUS, Creation of Contemporary Courses
- Andrea Quenette, IUE, Using Twitter to Simulate Real-World Events in the Classroom
Finalists for Skills Across the Curriculum
- David Kim, IUE, Through the Lens of Justice: Body Camera Experimentation
- Arkadiusz Mironko, IUE, Bringing an International Business Challenge to IU East
- Lisa Russell and Aaron Setterdahl, IUS, Let’s Talk….Making Beer!
The finalists will now prepare a multi-media description of their activity. Once the descriptions are posted in late March, FACET members and retreat registrants will vote for their favorite activity. Winners will be announced at FACET's Annual Retreat taking place May 15-17, 2019, at the Potawatomi Inn at Pokagon State Park.