Welcome to the Indiana University Faculty Repository of Resources. This is an online portal that pools and categorizes IU's wide umbrella of resources available to support and facilitate faculty development and professionalism.
Faculty Development resources are organized using Kern et.al (2015) Dimensions of Activities Related to Teaching (DART).
Practice of and Scholarly Teaching
IU values teaching. Provided here are resource links to develop your scholarly practices of teaching.
- I want to learn more about peer evaluation of teaching.
- I want to learn more about evaluating excellence in teaching.
- I want to add a service learning project to my course.
- I want more information about online courses at IU.
- I want to incorporate collaboration into my online course.
- I want specific instructional strategies and curriculum design help.
Sharing about teaching
IU provides many opportunites to share about teaching. The following resource links provide a few avenues for sharing and learning:
Scholarship of teaching and learning
IU FACET provides support for learning about, presenting and publishing in Scholarship of Teaching and Learning. Here are resource links that FACET provides:
- I want to learn the steps involved in SoTL research.
- I want a support system to help me with my SoTL research.
- I want an avenue to read and publish SoTL research.
- I want an avenue to read and publish about teaching with technology.
- I want an avenue to present my SoTL research.
The following resources will provide information regarding the professional aspects of faculty development provided by Indiana University for all IU faculty.
IU is in full support of faculty research. Here are the resource links regarding funding, grants, and compliance.
- I want to seek out funding from an external source.
- I want to know more about grant opportunities.
- I want to make sure I am in compliance.
IU provides a wide array of technology support and services. Here are the resource links to support all technology needs.
- I want to know what software is available.
- I need training on available software.
- I am interested in piloting new technologies.
- I am interested in collaborating with faculty across IU.
- I want to learn about assistive technologies.
IU has policies in place to safeguard the faculty. Here are the resource links providing access to all university policies and responsible offices.
- I want to learn about Faculty Governance.
- I want to know about my benefits.
- I want to learn about safety at IU.
- I want to learn about allowable expenses and purchases.
- In addition, IU policies describe faculty roles, rights, and responsibilities. Campuses and schools, however, augment these university level policies.
Honors and Awards
IU recognizes faculty with honors and awards for distinguished teaching, research, and service. Here are the resource links providing more information.
- I want to learn about faculty teaching awards.
- I want to learn about faculty research awards.
- I want to learn about faculty service awards.
IU Strategic Plan
IU strategically gathers data to inform improvement decisions. Here are resource links regarding information on the Strategic Plan.
International Studies and Travel
IU has expanded to Worldwide. Here are the resource links providing guidance in international studies and travel.
- I want to learn about faculty exchange programs.
- I want to take students overseas.
- I want to learn about international networking opportunities.