Back to Top
- (765) 973-8281
- MFA – Creative Writing, Murray State University, Murray, Kentucky
- BA – English, Indiana University East, Richmond, Indiana
Current Creative Interests
- Creative nonfiction, memoir, essay forms, poetry
Current Teaching Interests
- First year composition, argumentative writing, introduction to fiction (lit), non-fiction (CW)
- “This is Why” (under review
- “Touching Me: A memoir” (under review)
- “Thelma’s War” (under review)
- “Conversations with Michael” (under review)
- Harris, Sarah, Perkins, Tanya, & J. Melissa Blankenship. “Embedding Success: Supplemental Instruction in Online Writing Instruction”. Best Practices in Online Teaching & Learning Across Disciplines. George Mason University Press, 2017.
- “Casting the Net”. Canyon Voices – Online Literary Magazine. Phoenix, Arizona: Arizona State University, Spring 2015. Web.
- “Amozoc Irons [rev]”. Pressing News. Flushing, NY: Pressing Irons and Trivet Collectors of America [PITCA], September 2013. Print.
- “Collections de fers à repasser anciens Les fers mexicains AMOZOC”. Les Articles sur fers-anciens-de-collection.com, February 2012. Web.
- Rev. of The Memory Palace, by Mira Bartók. New Madrid: Journal of Contemporary Literature Summer 2011: 116. Print.
- “Casting the Net” and other readings from “Touching Me”, HSS Research Presentation, English Department, IUE Campus, 23 Oct. 2015
Selected Previous Employment Positions
- Visiting Instructor of English, Indiana University East, August 2013-May 2015
- Adjunct Instructor of English, Indiana University East, Fall 2006-May 2013
Faculty Academy on Excellence in Teaching resources and social media channels