FACET is pleased to announce the finalists for the 2nd Annual Academy Awards on Excellence in Teaching.
Thank you to everyone who took time to submit a nomination; the planning committee met on February 27th and enjoyed seeing the innovative and excellent work taking place at all IU campuses. After a great deal of discussion and deliberation, the committee came to consensus on this year's finalists.
Finalists for Collaborative Activities
- Jeanne Johnston, IUB, Interactive Cancer Case Studies
- Lisa Russell, IUSE, The Final Countdown: A Design for Helping Students Implement Business Strategies
- Christopher Young and Joseph Ferrandino, IUN, Using GIS to Engage with and Learn History
Finalists for Community Engagement
- Jared Allsop, IUB, IU and Me
- Angela Coppola, IUK, Informing Outreach Methods for the Howard County Health Department’s Overdose Rescue Kit Program
- Erin Doss, IUK, Social Media Campaigns Service Learning Project
Finalists for Creative Uses of Technology
- Tara Kingsley, IUK, Classroom Gamification
- Sridhar Ramachandran, IUS, Google Maps for Student Empowerment
- Christian Rogers, IUPUI, EASEL: An App to Support Reflection and Content in Real Time
Finalists for Intensive Writing
- Julie Goodspeed-Chadwick, IUPUC, Reflection, Analysis, Assessment, and Synthesis: Student Investment and Writing Across the Course
- Kathy Ritchie, IUSB, The Self-Reflective Writing Assignment
- Rhonda Wrzenski, IUS, Predicting a Toss-Up Congressional Election in the Classroom
Finalists for Learning How to Learn
- Suzanne Menzel, IUB, Say My Name
- Maureen Rutherford, IUN, Learning as a Class Community: Student Reflections of Knowledge Gains
- Miranda Yaggi, IUB, Sticky Team Revision
The finalists will now prepare a multi-media description of their activity. Once the descriptions are posted in late March, FACET members and retreat registrants will vote for their favorite activity. Winners will be announced at FACET's Annual Retreat taking place May 18-20, 2018, at the Fourwinds Resort and Marina in Bloomington, Indiana.
Plan to attend the retreat and enjoy the Academy Awards celebration alongside a variety of events.