NTT faculty interested in applying must have been a FACET member for at least three years and participated in at least two FACET activities in the three years immediately prior to submitting the application. The amount and recipient of the fellowship will be determined by a selection committee comprised of at least three FACET members.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as a single PDF and include the following:
- Cover page using this form
- Project description
- Drafted budget with a statement about the need for fellowship funding.
- Curriculum vitae
Proposals for the fellowship must make a clear case for the merits of the project. Applicants are drawn from all of Indiana University’s campuses and programs, so proposals should be clear to readers outside the applicant's discipline. When the committee makes its decision, quality of the project is a higher priority than experience conducting research. For faculty new to conducting research, FACET will discuss and help to facilitate mentorship.
Proposals should include the following components:
- clearly state the goals
- potential methods to be used (e.g., observation, record analysis, interventions)
- outline of the research design
- understanding of existing theory, data, and practice that apply to the topic
- evidence of creativity and innovation that will advance knowledge relevant to teaching and learning
- clear connection between the research and the learning environment
- plan for dissemination including a project timeline
Fellows will present their findings at the Annual Retreat or a virtual townhall. They will work with the FACET office to make appropriate arrangments.
Social Justice Statement
As a community, FACET is committed to social justice in and out of the classroom. In our selection process, we actively avoid discriminating based on characteristics that are fundamental to identity or conscience.