Dr. Henry K. Wakhungu is an expert in development of growth simulation models for sustainable management of indigenous community forests, experimental designs in tropical forestry research, and service learning research. He was named Professor of the Year by the IU Delta Academy and made several presentations on education and teaching issues at faculty conferences in Indiana.
- Ph.D., Indiana University, 2004
- M.Sc., Sussex University, Brighton, England, 1984
- B.Sc., Nairobi University, Nairobi, Kenya, 1983
- Inaugural Recipient of (2015) Most Inclusive Award, SPEA Student Choice Awards.
- Indiana University – African Students’ Association (IU –ASA) Faculty Advisor Appreciation Award – April 25th, 2015, Union Street Center Auditorium (Cedar Hall).
- Indiana University, Delta Academy Awards 2015 (March 5th, 2015) Grand Hall of the Neal Marshall Black Culture Center Instructor of the Year.
- Engineers without Borders USA – Indianapolis Professional Chapter. Recognition Award for Volunteer faculty support to EWB – 2014 – 2015 (February 25th, 2015) SPEA Dean’s office – Indiana University, Bloomington.
- 7th Annual Math Indiana Pearson's Math Technology Workshop: The INnovation Conference ( 2013) Indiana University, Faculty Colloquium on Excellence in Teaching (FACET) 25th Annual FACET Retreat (2014).
- Indiana University Bloomington, Faculty Recognition Award in Support of the Adam W. Herbert Presidential Scholars Program – Spring 2013. Jacob School of Music.
- Indiana University, Delta Academy Awards 2013 (2013) Grand Hall of the Neal Marshall Black Culture Center Professor of the Year.
- Indiana University, Faculty Colloquium on Excellence in Teaching (FACET) 24th Annual Associate Faculty and Lecturers Conference Presenter: Renewed "Hype with High Impact Educational Practices (HIEPS) (2013).
- Indiana University – African Students’ Association (IU –ASA) Faculty Advisor Appreciation Award – April 2012, Willkie Auditorium.
- "Comparison of NAEP, PISA, and TIMSS-R," East Asian Mathematical Journal, 25(3): 279-297 (2009)
- An Interdisciplinary, Inquiry-Based Pre-Service Teacher Preparation Program, part of themed paper set – Lunar Learning: Pre- Service Teachers Thinking like Scientists and Mathematicians (Co-author)